Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Run for the Hills 27  (Read 5262 times)

Wreck It Ralph

• Wreck it Ralph
    • View Profile
Run for the Hills 27
« on: September 26, 2021, 08:36:42 pm »
I had a blast and this was my first year. I see now that you cannot plan too far ahead. I want to start the discussion now.

What did we like?

What didn’t we like?

Route suggestions? Jason and Roger had some thoughts.
1988 Fiero Base 4cyl 5spd.
1986 Fiero GT ... Parting out. Let me know if you need something.

scottb

• View Profile
Re: Run for the Hills 27
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 08:39:57 pm »
I suggest any route that takes us to Calhouns in Gatlinburg

Wreck It Ralph

• Wreck it Ralph
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 10:51:16 am »
Proposed Leg one of Scenic Route

The Sightseer's Tour has been modified but hasn't been scouted and finalized as of May 18.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 08:13:32 pm by Fierofool »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 01:50:18 pm »
I seem to remember that Pisgah Inn has limited hours for lunch for non-hotel diners.  Probably need to contact them about that before setting that as a lunch stop.  Melanie and I and another couple stopped there once and we were turned away. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Wreck It Ralph

• Wreck it Ralph
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 02:25:02 pm »
I seem to remember that Pisgah Inn has limited hours for lunch for non-hotel diners.  Probably need to contact them about that before setting that as a lunch stop.  Melanie and I and another couple stopped there once and we were turned away.

I already Spoke to them. We just need to make reservations in advance

crash_out

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 10:04:02 pm »
Any idea on which weekend the Run will be next year? 24th? I have to put my vacation in after Christmas to ensure I get it approved just in case...

Wreck It Ralph

• Wreck it Ralph
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 06:45:43 pm »
That weekend seems right. Friday 23, Saturday 24 drive day, return Sunday 25

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2022, 12:13:07 pm »
Budgetman72 (Jason Spencer) and I will be doing a scouting run for RFTH 27 on April 23.  Again, this year there will be a White Knuckles Run and a Sightseer's Run. 

Jason and I will be holding a planning meeting this Saturday, March 19 at 1PM at the Applebee's on Steven B. Tanger Blvd, Banks Crossing, Commerce.  Jason will be leading the White Knuckles tour in September and on the scouting run, but we need someone to lead the Sightseer's Run. 

Come join us for this planning session.  It will be a beautiful day for a Fiero drive.  Bring the lady and do some shopping nestdoor at Tanger Outlet Mall before or after the meeting.   

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

AJ_87Fiero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2022, 01:57:24 pm »
Budgetman72 (Jason Spencer) and I will be doing a scouting run for RFTH 27 on April 23.  Again, this year there will be a White Knuckles Run and a Sightseer's Run. 

Jason and I will be holding a planning meeting this Saturday, March 19 at 1PM at the Applebee's on Steven B. Tanger Blvd, Banks Crossing, Commerce.  Jason will be leading the White Knuckles tour in September and on the scouting run, but we need someone to lead the Sightseer's Run. 

Come join us for this planning session.  It will be a beautiful day for a Fiero drive.  Bring the lady and do some shopping nestdoor at Tanger Outlet Mall before or after the meeting.
Sounds nice!
Just want to attend but can't do either of those dates... :( Got work tomorrow and Earth Day saturday.

What will the schedule look like on the scouting run April 23?
87 Fiero Coupe

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2022, 02:33:51 pm »
Scouting runs are usually just a one day thing.  Our meeting tomorrow is to decide where we will start.  We already know where we will end.  Also to work on a sightseers route to get them from the start point to the end point.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2022, 09:11:13 am »
Sounds nice!
Just want to attend but can't do either of those dates... :( Got work tomorrow and Earth Day saturday.

[/quote]

What we discussed at the planning session is that we will start in Dillard, Ga. travel through Highlands and Cashiers, NC, and have lunch near Canton, NC. 

After our lunch stop, we will proceed northward through Hot Springs, NC, briefly entering into Tennessee and traveling almost to Erwin, then back into North Carolina, and making our way down to Burnsville, NC, then ending in Asheville, NC.  From there, we will return home via I-26 and I-85. 

This is the primary run.  The sightseers' run will separate from us in Cashiers, using an alternate route to arrive at the lunch stop.  From the lunch stop, they will head east while the primary group will head north.  The sightseers will access the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville, then exit and head northward through the country and mountain valleys to Weaverville and Asheville.  This scouting trip will be done on another date. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 08:11:24 pm by Fierofool »

AJ_87Fiero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2022, 05:01:40 pm »

Sounds nice!

What we discussed at the planning session is that we will start in Dillard, Ga. travel through Highlands and Cashiers, NC, and have lunch near Canton, NC. 

After our lunch stop, we will proceed northward through Hot Springs, NC, briefly entering into Tennessee and traveling almost to Erwin, then back into North Carolina, and making our way down to Burnsville, NC, then ending in Asheville, NC.  From there, we will return home via I-26 and I-85. 

This is the primary run.  The sightseers' run will separate from us in Cashiers, using an alternate route to arrive at the lunch stop.  From the lunch stop, they will head east while the primary group will head north.  The sightseers will access the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville, then exit and head northward through the country and mountain valleys to Weaverville then back down to Asheville.  This scouting trip will be done on another date.
[/quote]

Sweet!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 08:07:28 pm by Fierofool »
87 Fiero Coupe

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2022, 08:05:08 pm »
 Things are coming together for the 27th Annual Run For The Hills.  The primary route has been scouted and documented and we promise you, if you like driving, you will love this one.  We will begin in Dillard, Georgia and will work our way through the back roads of North Carolina, with a brief excursion Into Tennessee, then back to Asheville, NC.  We have several restaurants picked out that have always been favorites. 

Again this year we will also have the Sightseer's Tour.  Set up so that both route participants may dine at the same restaurants together.  Hotel reservations and group rates are still in negotiation and haven't been finalized.  We will post that information as soon as we have rates and cutoff dates. 

You may also follow us on facebook at The Georgia Fiero Club or Georgia Fiero Club
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 08:09:01 pm by Fierofool »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2022, 10:07:43 am »
We are in need of someone to lead the Sightseer's Tour and to go with us on the scouting trip to familiarize themselves with the route. 

Edited:  Sightseer's Scouting Trip is set for June 18.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 03:09:14 pm by Fierofool »

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2022, 08:45:34 am »

Firm maybe.  In the process of moving around then and not sure we'll be available.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class