Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Recommended Fiero Mechanic  (Read 14880 times)

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Recommended Fiero Mechanic
« on: March 09, 2010, 10:04:04 am »
I would like to recommend Lee Arnette to you all if you need some work done on your Fiero. I had clutch trouble on my 88 coupe. I could have done the work myself, but it would have taken quite a while, just working evenings when I could, so Charlie recommended Lee for the work. I also decided to have him fix my front seal leak. He agreed to do the work for $300 labor (I supplied the parts). Well, as it turned out, my clutch was really a mess. The fork had been scraping on the pressure plate, so it was messed up. He couldn't find a replacement, so he welded some metal on the fork and machined it to repair it (it's a cast fork, not stamped). The front seal still leaked just a little when he tested the car, so he took it apart again and used another seal (I had given him a new harmonic balancer, so it was not a groove problem). And he found a crack in my exhaust manifold and welded that up. And he found my clutch master leaking so he replaced that. After all that extra work, he didn't charge any more, except for the cost of the master cylinder (which I hadn't supplied).
So if you need work on your car, PM me for his number.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 10:06:35 am by TopNotch »
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Rat Pee 86

Re: Recommended Fiero Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 08:32:03 pm »
Ditto on reccommendation of Lee.  He got my car running for me and everthing is fine, now (water pump).

Tom Ott
Rat Pee 86

Rat Pee 86

Re: Recommended Fiero Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 08:39:36 pm »
Oh, I also forgot to mention that Lee's dad, Ashby is a fine mechanic and that they both know Fieros inside and out. We are fortunate to have so many knowledgeable folks in the Ga. Fiero club vicinity.

Tom Ott