Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: East Tennessee Fiero Club Annual Picnic  (Read 20029 times)

Gary Murray

East Tennessee Fiero Club Annual Picnic
« on: July 10, 2010, 10:22:44 pm »
the East Tennessee Fiero Club annual picnic will be held on saturday August 21st at 2pm at the Red Clay State Park.

here is the website ..  http://www.tennessee.gov/environment/parks/RedClay/

the address is:
Red Clay State Park
1140 Red Clay Park
Cleveland , TN 37311

we will be having hotdogs and hamburgers with all the fixings and watermelom.,we will have coke,diet coke,mtn dew. if you want anything else please bring it with you...i will have a large cooler..NO ALCOHOL DRINKS permitted in the park. please come out and take part of the picnic this year,robert is looking forward to this and wants to see everyone..if you need any information please give me a call at 706-264-3811..Gary

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: East Tennessee Fiero Club Annual Picnic
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 07:35:39 am »
I'll be there and I'm sure some of the other Georgia Fiero people will be, too. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 08:55:08 pm »
I'll be there also....

Gary Murray

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 09:07:21 am »
THE PICNIC HAS BEEN CALLED OFF...Gail said she dont think robert could handle the heat..if everyone will come we could all meet up at a resturant and have a big gathering..robert is really wanting to see everyone..let me know if this sounds like something we can do for robert..

85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 09:36:09 am »
sounds like a plan to me.....

carnut122

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 09:19:16 am »
I hope to be there too.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 09:56:33 pm »
I just spoke with Gail.  She's going to get with Gary and pick a restaurant that's near the Nursing Home where Robbie is staying.  The heat takes a lot out of Robbie and causes him to become disoriented and weak.  They're going to look for some place close in to Etowah or Athens so they don't have to transport him very far.  When they decide, I expect Gary to post it here, or if Gail calls me, I'll post it. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Gary Murray

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 04:09:26 pm »
the NEW LOCATION for the club picnic will be held at MEMORIES resturant in etowah,tn on hwy 411 at 2pm on august 21st,,,please try and come see robert he needs to see all his friends..if you have any questions feel free to call me at 706-264-3811 i think charlie knows where the resturant is at and could probaly give better directions for you guys than i could.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 05:32:04 pm »
A Google search shows a Memories Diner & Sports Grill, 235 N Tennessee Ave, Etowah, TN. I'm guessing that this is the place. That'll give you an address for your GPS.

The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 08:41:05 pm »
That's the same restaurant we used for the Tennessee Fun Run and the Fun Run with the Kappa Club.  Next door to the Conoco Station.  Good food. 

Gary Murray

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 01:37:22 am »
yes sir,,thats the place charlie,,i was thinking you guys had been to this resturant before on one of the events..rob is all geared up to meet everyone,he has alot to talk about,i guess he is getting tired of talking to me lol..i hope everyone can come out and see rob,he has came a long way since 3-26..hope to see you all there

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 03:42:33 pm »
At the meeting, Saturday, Don had asked about everyone meeting up to drive up together.  Since some of us are on the
East side and others on the West side, I suggested that we meet up in Chatsworth. 

I'll be leaving around 10 and traveling up through Gainesville, crossing I-985, Ga. 400 in Dawsonville and I-575 in Ellijay and following Hwy 52 over Fort Mountain into Chatsworth at Hwy 411.  It's about a 3 to 3 1/2 hr drive from here to Etowah and about 2+ to Chatsworth. 

If anyone would like to meet up at 53 and I-985, Ga. 400 or Hwy 52 and I-985 we can drive over and meet Don and Dewey and Jerry and any others in Chatsworth around 1.  We would get to Etowah around 2.

On the way back, we might be able to stop at John Watson's place and see a few rebodies in the making. 

Gary Murray

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 05:24:38 pm »
thats great charlie, im sure you guys will love hitting ft mountain.please be careful, the GSP patrols the mountain heavy on weekends due to the fact of so many wrecks, mainly crotch rockets. but its a beautiful ride specially in a fiero..

i called today and reserved the meeting room at memories resturant,we will have it all to ourself, please bring your family and enjoy the resturant,these folks are very nice and are looking forward to see us and assured me that we will love the food they have. looking forward to see everyone....Gary

carnut122

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 10:22:08 pm »
Any idea where you'll be meeting in Chatsworth?  Don and Dewy, where are you two meeting up at?  I'm not sure that I'll make it; we'll see???

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 11:28:51 pm »
The Chatsworth City Hall is on the right on Hwy 411, across from Murray Plaza.  Either would be a good place.  About 12:30 would be good.  If you MapQuest Hwy 411 and the intersection of East Peachtree or West Peachtree in Chatsworth, it should give you a timeframe from your home.  Those that want to meet in Ellijay can meet at the Baptist Church on Hwy 52, E. Dalton Street, just north of the rotary, going towards Chatsworth.  It would be good to bring your FRS radio and keep it on Channel 7.

To meet in Ellijay, we should be out of there by around 11:30 in order to meet the folks in Chatsworth.