Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 2011 Atlanta St. Patricks Day Parade  (Read 28965 times)

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
Re: 2011 Atlanta St. Patricks Day Parade
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2011, 12:56:52 pm »
Maybe....
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

tntcary

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2011, 07:20:58 pm »
I'll be there
Cary
I wanna go fast!

sonic50

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2011, 09:17:04 am »
60 percent sure I will be there

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2011, 02:05:52 pm »
Good news, weatherwise:

Weather.com says sunny, a high of 70, and zero percent chance of rain for parade time tomorrow...

Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

sonic50

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2011, 07:49:18 pm »
Won't be able to make it. Drove the car home tonight an having some type of issue with the power.
Scott

Rat Pee 86

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2011, 01:57:48 pm »
You guys looked good in the parade !  Waxed up and shining in the sun !  Crowd comments were good, too.   ;D  BTW, did you see the Scion club ?  They must have had 80 cars in their group.  Except for the few that were customized aftermarket, (many were just plain old stock models) they simply had numbers to make themselves stand out.  Even heard one guy say "why are they in the parade?...nothing special there".  As opposed to his comment on the Fieros, "Wow, I haven't seen one of those in years...they look really good." I'll try to get my pics up of your cars as you passed by me.

Tom

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2011, 05:14:53 pm »
Thanks for being there, Tom.  I was really surprised when I saw you.  I would never have picked you out with that shaved head.  I recognized your voice is why I turned to look. 

Maybe we can take all the pictures everyone made and put them into an album on the home page. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2011, 05:25:14 pm »
Really sorry we missed it and the meeting afterwards, had a slight emergency we had to attend to.
Life is good!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2011, 07:49:54 pm »
It was a good one.  We were group 78 and we were about midway of the parade.  Here's a few shots.
Our lovely banner carriers.  Haley and Mackenzie

Our lineup.

OH-OH!  TC's done stole Magnum's Fauxrarri.

It wasn't a good day to live in Atlanta and have a house fire.  They were all here.

All the Star Wars cast was there.

Georgia Fieros was there.

As was half of Atlanta.

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2011, 06:54:33 pm »
I don't think the weather has ever been better for a St. Paddy's Parade. Lots of fun and a huge crowd turnout. They looked like they were having fun too!
The comments from the crowd were very positive. (Including a couple of slurred speech "Ferrari" references.)
 The announcer toward the end was really funny: "If the Fieros and the Scions got together, they could take over the world!" or words to that effect.

Thanks Charlie!

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2011, 08:00:16 pm »
I don't think the weather has ever been better for a St. Paddy's Parade. Lots of fun and a huge crowd turnout. They looked like they were having fun too!
The comments from the crowd were very positive. (Including a couple of slurred speech "Ferrari" references.)
 The announcer toward the end was really funny: "If the Fieros and the Scions got together, they could take over the world!" or words to that effect.

Thanks Charlie!

First, yes, THANK YOU FIEROFOOL AND EVERYONE WHO HELPED ORGANIZE AND PARTICIPATED!

And, a special Shout Out to RAT PEE Himself for being there to cheer us on!

Leading the back of the GFC contingent, "T.C." and I heard a lot of the crowd comments, ranging from "That's not even a REAL Ferrari!" to "Hey, Magnum P.I.!"

One lovely brunette even ran into the middle of Peachtree St and yelled, "KISS ME, MAGNUM!" and stuck her head inside my window and laid one on me!

Of course, she was the one to whom I've been happily married to for 20 years ... despite the rumors FieroFool started at my first GFC meeting, there is no secret second wife named "Suzie."

One guy came up to the staging area and wanted to know if these were "Lotuses."  T.C., told him, Oh, no, these are much better... they're FIEROS!

You are a great bunch of guys and gals, and this goes down as one of the most fun St Patrick's festivities that THIS Irishman has ever enjoyed!

Fiero Go Braugh!
(Long Live the Fiero)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2011, 08:35:08 pm »
This was the best day we've had since they moved the parade from Buckhead to Downtown.  Even the pigeons that usually sit on the lights overhead just waiting on us to get the cars shined and decorated had taken advantage of the good weather and took the weekend off. 

I did nothing but put out a call for you guys to show up.  You all are what made the group.  Without  you there would have only been me.  I thank all of you for having the club spirit and the willingness to participate. 

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2011, 10:13:11 am »
GA FIERO CLUB PHOTO ON AJC.COM

Can someone please also check the Saturday and Sunday print editions to see if this photo was used?

http://projects.accessatlanta.com/gallery/view/events/st-patricks-day-031311/

Best,
Fiero GTB

Tinton

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2011, 10:54:39 pm »
Damn, no one called or e-mailed me? I forgot that the parade is usually before St. Pats, ah well. The clear is going bad on the roof of my '88GT anyways, and I sold my '86 Fiero about a month ago, so I guess I couldn't have really participated anyways. I also haven't washed my '88 GT in months :'(.

I could've come out in my MR2, but I bet you guys would've lynched me lol ;D. Its green though, so it would've just blended in, and if anyone asked I could've just said it was a kitcar ;D.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2011, 11:23:08 pm »
So many people have changed their emails and haven't updated their profile that I quit sending emails.  I deleted the ones that kept coming back as undeliverable.  All my emails to you had gone unanswered for quite some time, even when I was trying to hook you up with Lee. 

Because there are so many that aren't registered with our forum, I started this thread back in January hoping that anyone interested would at least check the forum at least once.  Since everyone has different questions, it's best to ask and answer them on the forum so everyone can get the same information.  Sorry you missed a very impressive crowd and a wonderful day for a parade.  A little paint fade on the top could have been covered with decorations.