Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Complete 2.8 V6 dropout for sale  (Read 19438 times)

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
Complete 2.8 V6 dropout for sale
« on: October 11, 2011, 11:08:58 am »
I have the complete 2.8 setup in my Formula for sale. 110,000 miles, fresh tuneup with quality (brass) cap & rotor, platinum plugs, Bosh wires. Automatic. Includes wiring harness, ECU, exhaust, etc. for conversion if you want to replace your 4 cyl. $600 takes everything. Partial trades considered. (could use an X-Box 360 or Playstation 3 for example ;-)
You can PM me or email me at ImThaDriver at yahoo.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Donster

• View Profile
Re: Complete 2.8 V6 dropout for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 11:54:43 pm »
What's with the Formula it came out of?

\D
Life is good!

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 12:28:48 am »
It's still in it.  ;D
It's the wrecked T-Top that I plan to repair: I have a 4.9 to go in it. (or I would sell the whole 4.9 swap "kit" for $1200 only 'cause I need the money). http://gafieroclub.org/bbs/index.php?topic=853.0
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 06:24:37 pm »
Bump 'cause I'm broke & need money for parts & my property tax is past due...  :(
Make an offer.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Spartanzz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 09:10:47 am »
Any chance you would let it go without thebtranmy for cheaper? Im having a few problems with my 2.8 amd any consider switching out for your good running one. How much would u let it go for like that?

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 10:38:54 am »
Any chance you would let it go without thebtranmy for cheaper? Im having a few problems with my 2.8 amd any consider switching out for your good running one. How much would u let it go for like that?
I'll take $350 if you want to come by & help pull it out (I have all the tools). The water pump did start making a noise so it needs to be replaced, but I always replace them when swapping an engine anyway.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Spartanzz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 08:57:51 pm »
yeah ill have to pass after talking to Charlie and Lee looks like i may be able to do a 3800 swap soon. Which now ill be looking for one of those engines lol

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 11:16:14 pm »
yeah ill have to pass after talking to Charlie and Lee looks like i may be able to do a 3800 swap soon. Which now ill be looking for one of those engines lol
I have two of those; a NA & an SC.  I was going to pull the heads on both engines & use the SC shtuff on the best one.  I did hear the NA engine run & it ran well with no noises or smoke, but had a miss. Could have been coil or injector or, worse case scenario a head gasket. Since I'm broke I'll take $600 for both of them.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Spartanzz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 03:06:19 am »
hmmmm well i may have to work with ya. I dont really have anywhere to keep another motor lol If i get one to swap into my fiero i will have fun finding a place to keep that one till i can actually swap it in. Any chance we could run a compression test on the N/a? Also would that include the wire harness and computers for them? Heck if i can get a friend of mine to ok me keeping the engines in his garage or find someone who wouldn't mind me keeping them somewhere would we be able to work out say i give you some of the money this Friday and maybe the rest when i get paid next? Cuz i know for sure i would have $200 this Friday might have $300. So, honestly if you want to work out say a payment plan or something id be willing to buy both. You can call me if you want to talk more about it whenever at 678-570-6809

Spartanzz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 04:30:38 pm »
Hey dont know if it is letting me send PM's right now...So ill just ask you here also lol But is the N/A engine the series 2 engine? Does it have the plastic intake manifold on it? And would you be able to have it running on the stand for a short amount of time so i can listen to it before i buy it?

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 08:31:49 pm »
Hey dont know if it is letting me send PM's right now...So ill just ask you here also lol But is the N/A engine the series 2 engine? Does it have the plastic intake manifold on it? And would you be able to have it running on the stand for a short amount of time so i can listen to it before i buy it?
I got the Pm...
It's a '95 Buick - I'm told it's a series I. Don't know if the intake is plastic; I can check if you like.
I have no idea how to wire a computer controlled engine on the ground to get it to run. I told you I heard it run before we took it out of the car & it ran fine except for a miss. No noises, knocks, or smoke. Comes with the computer & wiring harness.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Spartanzz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 09:34:57 pm »
OK I'm sorry but will have to pass on it. I need the series 2 engine. If the SC motor is the series I might still be interested in that one. Or if u know someone who has one

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 10:56:59 pm »
I think the 95's were Series 2.  Lee installed a 95 or 96 into his.  You may want to ask him. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Spartanzz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 11:12:40 pm »
yeah his is a series 2 i went out there today. Main way to tell is if it have the black plastic intake manifold then it is the series 2. Paul if your N/A is a series 2 then i want it for sure! so i guess check the intake and if it is that black plastic intake then could you get me pics of the motor and maby we can go from there?

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 09:47:55 am »
yeah his is a series 2 i went out there today. Main way to tell is if it have the black plastic intake manifold then it is the series 2. Paul if your N/A is a series 2 then i want it for sure! so i guess check the intake and if it is that black plastic intake then could you get me pics of the motor and maby we can go from there?
The intake is black & it appears to be plastic (tapping it with a fingernail).
http://angelonearth.net/customfiero.html Transmission does not go with it. I was planning to put it in my custom car but I'm broke & behind in bills so if you want it let me know.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts