Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Wanted Dream Car Fiero.....  (Read 22861 times)

PetefromTn

• Fiero junkie getting back off the wagon LOL
    • View Profile
Wanted Dream Car Fiero.....
« on: December 01, 2011, 11:28:09 pm »
  Okay guys this is a COMPLETE long shot. I recently sold my Fiero GT  because it was not the most practical car. I sold it to buy my wife the car she wanted. Well we got that car and I have been trying to get another fiero.  I MISS THAT DAMN CAR!!   Anyways, as with many people I know lately I am really tight with money so I cannot put a bunch of cash into it but I thought I would post here because I know you guys are die hard Fiero nutjobs like me.  I am looking to get a PROJECT car here. It need not run, it need not be beautiful. It DOES need to have a legal title and I would prefer it to be complete. Now since I am dreaming here I guess  I might as well tell you what I really want. I would love a GT with v6 and the four speed. Sunroof or tee tops, grey interior. Exterior color is not important.  I plan to do a complete build and might even try my hand at a choptop with this car as this time it will actually be a second car/project. I would happily take a notchback as it does not matter to me really as they are both beautiful. I would prefer an aero nose/GT nose. I really want a manual tranny and an 85-88 model year car.  I do not have a ton of money but I do have things I could trade possibly.  If you have too many fiero's and one of them is a long shot project car that you may get to when you retire or never and just want it to go to someone who will LOVE it and make something out of it I am that guy.  I have a relatively complete fabrication shop too where I could do some TIG welding or CNC milling or lathe work for you as full/partial payment for the car if that will work for you.  I am not looking for a total piece of junk as I will eventually want to drive this car but a good builder car that needs work that has potential is really what I want.   I am in the East Tennessee area and can pick up the car with my Daughter's truck and trailer.  SO there it is, I had a decent Fiero, I had to sell it, I kick my own ass every day for doing that, now I want another one!!  If you have something like this and you just want it out of your way gimme a call at 865-363-9218 and we can discuss it. Thanks and Peace

Pete
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 03:49:55 pm by PetefromTn »
Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee
A&N Precision Machine on Facebook

85GT

• View Profile
Re: Wanted Dream Car Fiero.....
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 07:54:15 pm »
get with "oldone ".  He has 3 for sale.....

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 10:08:58 pm »
pete i'm "oldone" i have three fieros as mentioned above. i have 85 gt 2.8v6 4-speed,air,p/w,p/dl,p/w not wired inside,stand 85gt wheels,tires have approx. 1500 miles on them,good interior,digital egr with upgraded computer,in primer, $1500.00-----next 88gt,2.8v6,automatic,t-tops good seals,white(needs paint)this is all original car. p/w,p/dl,p/w,rear def,radio has the bass box under dash,interior in pretty decent shape no rips or tears.gray interior.most everything works although slowly probably needs cleaning and lube. the car runs but have not been able to drive when put in drive or reverse kills motor. i've got a new torque solenoid but haven't tryed to put it in. 88gt wheels.$2000.00-worth quite a bit more if restored.------last-88 formula red/grey interior2.8v6(doesn't run)getrag 5-speed,basic model has air but probably doesn't run. no other options at this time. $1100.00
call 770.382.8531 or 404.514.5561  dewey(oldone)
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 07:27:18 am »
Dewey, how many do you have in total?
Are you trying to sell ALL of your Fieros?

\D
Life is good!

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 08:53:01 pm »
don they are all (3) for sale at the listed prices above. i would like to keep the formula but my wife won't let me.

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 11:27:52 am »
pete do you know rob finley hes president of the east tennesse fiero club in athens tenn and he always has fieros for sale at good prices. on the forum he goes by crash86gt. check him out.   

Crash 86GT

• Me and my Friends
    • View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 02:21:39 pm »
Pete, I have an 85Gt 5 speed for sale right now, that's all I have up for sale. It runs great and has a new battery, could use sealer put on the rims because the bead leaks around the rims on the front only. I'll take $2000.00 cash only for it. Money up front and I do have the title.
President of East Tennessee Fiero Club

PetefromTn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 05:12:03 pm »
Yeah I know Rob,  He is a cool fellow. I am not looking for a running clean car for $2k tho. I am looking for a CHEAP builder car that needs work for a song!!  I said I was dreaming right... I would be willing to do Fabrication work for a decent project car or I could trade stuff  or whatever.  Maybe I am dreaming a bit too much here... peace

Pete

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 08:53:33 pm »
there was a guy down here that had a 86 2m4 with a 5speed that was willing to sell for $500.00 don't know if he still has it. its been setting out for quite a few years. if your interested i'll take a run by his house and see if its still there. if its there i'll give you his name and number.

PetefromTn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 09:47:09 pm »
Would an 86 2m4 have an aero nose or a bumperpad nose?  Not that it is a deal breaker really as from what I understand you can swap them over but I prefer the aero style nose like on my 86GT.. Honestly I am not even sure if that is the correct term for it but basically the same frontend as an 86 and up GT...  So basically yeah I would maybe like to talk to him about it especially if he is interested in trading for work or otherwise. What city is it located in?  peace

Pete

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 10:37:54 pm »
Would an 86 2m4 have an aero nose or a bumperpad nose?
Pete

Aero nose, if it's an SE, otherwise bumperpad nose.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 10:40:18 pm »
Pete, the 86 2m4 was the only year that came in both aero and bumper pad trim.  The 86 SE was tagged on the trunk as a 2m4 or 2m6, depending upon the engine.  The 87 SE with aero trim was also available in both 2m4 and 2m6, but the standard 2m4 coupe got a redesign of the front and rear fascias.  So, an 86 2m4 could be either trim.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

PetefromTn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 10:58:56 pm »
Aah... So it could go either way I guess.  I appreciate your help guys.  I know this all sounds pretty petty probably to you guys but hey I am wanting a project and I am not terribly choosy other than the basic car.  Quite honestly since I had the GT already and I really loved it I would not mind having a notchie because I have seen some wicked ones on pennocks lately.   If I can get my hands on a halfway decent one I have the equipment and skills to do a lot with it here.  It would also be a long term project for me so I would be in no real hurry to get it road worthy.  I suppose one of the nicest things about a Fiero is that the entire drivetrain comes out in one big chunk and getting a stock dropout is possible with a little money.  I of course would prefer a six cylinder but that does not really make it a deal breaker to me.  I have seen quite a few real rough cars go for super cheap in the surrounding areas lately so I am quite sure I can get a car I was just hoping that I could get one that is not a complete restoration job... Peace

Pete

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 02:09:26 pm »
PETE: the man who had/has the 1986 2m4 - 5-speed is david perry. his cell # is 770-547-0831--his home is706-337-3232. he was asking $500.00 obo.

PetefromTn

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 06:22:27 pm »
Thanks man....appreciate it.  I will see how my cash flow is here and give him a call...peace

Pete

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee