Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: WTB: My Junkyard list... Some of you might have... rather give you the money :D  (Read 26251 times)

redraif

• View Profile
    • Indy SE #770 "Stormtrooper Edition"
*** UPDATING TO SHOW THE PARTS I HAVE GOTTEN***

Ok as many of you already know my little car was very molested before I got it...  The whole car was spray bombed by the P.O.... and not well either...  Even still it was covered in black and green ick that had stained the crappy spray paint job.  So rather then have a dingy off-white/orange/green/black... I had to respray bomb it!  So its good from across the way, but just don't study it... LOL! ;)

So the goals were to get it running, then running reliabley... done...  ;D
Then get the suspension upgraded (used to wander the road at speed)... done  ;D
Wheels & tires... To modernize was cheaper then refinishing the indy ones & adding new tires... done  ;D

Now it is back to how it looks in and out...  I can't deny I can't leave well enough alone.  I modify everything.  It's in my nature.   :o  However, I have a strict plan... save all indy parts and don't modify them unless they are ruined.  If ruined find mint replacements to put away!  ;)  So that being said... 

So I had to really think about what I wanted to do to get the car where I want it.  I know I can not afford to have a shop sand all that spray paint off the indy panels... that one is going to be on me.   :'( If its to be restored, I want to use those panels.  They are all decent, less the side gfx.  But I don't have a compressor yet and that's alot of hand sanding... so I decided it might be cheaper and less down time for the car, for me to get new junkyard parts and play with (modifiy) them and swap them on.  Then when I get my compressor I can properly strip the indy panels down and paint them the "correct" way and color, so the car can go back "indy" when the time is right.   ;)  I have been trying to get to Pull-a-part, but the holidays and my stepdaughters cheer schedule is really making it impossible.  >:(

So that brings me to my topic... the parts I don't have yet to do this that you might have laying around...
(I have a white hood & silver "smooth molding" rear bumper & doors)
I need these exterior pieces (in white if possible, if not... no worries)
*A smooth molding aero nose (yes I want to finish going smooth, but don't want to cut the indy's ribs off)
*A junk areo nose to cut the bottom off and do a "Skittime" nose mod  Ashby working on
*Both Front fenders  Ashby working on
*Both Rear quarters (section in front of rear tire) Ashby working on
*Side GFX (my lower section on both sides have been squashed by a jack and now have a permenant seam) Got from Don
*Rear inner wheel splash gards... mine are cracked and I'm missing the lower flaps
*A mint notchback tailight for the passengerside (mine is chipped) Got from Don

I need these interior pieces.. (in dove/light grey if possible)
*Drivers side A-pillar
*Both B pillars set up for rear speakers... (indy seats are out and I need some rear speakers... lol) Got from Don (ones to mod)
*Arm rests (need set to send off to Russ88 to have recovered to mimic the indy's) Don got
*Arm rests (need set to send off to Russ88 to have a custom two tone modified version)
*Dash with no cracks...
*HVAC/radio surround (spare to send to Russ88 for custom modification) No worries if the rubber is flaring   Got from Don
*Shifter Surround (spare to send to Russ88 for custom modification) No worries if the rubber is flaring   Got from Don
*Gauge pod surround (spare to send to Russ88 for custom modification)
*Black trunk carpet (mint)...

Misc stuff...
*Stock sway bar
*Duke air cleaner set up (metal intake air tract) (need one to repaint to look like INDY version) 
*EGR Cover (from another GM vehicle)
*84 duke w/ 4 speed rear most tranny bracket (mine is snapped in half)
*Fuel injector wiring
*Throttle cable

I will not be at the January meeting... cheer competition out of state, but I will be at Whodeanies for the overhaulin and can bring the montero if anyone wants to sell me some parts you got laying about... :D 

Like the title says... I would rather give the money to you then to the junk yard, esp around the holidays
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:24:46 pm by redraif »
1984 Modified Indy Fiero SE #770 "StormTrooper Edition"

Drag DR-34s
Frt: 225/45, 18x8, 39 offset , 84 WS6 springs -1.5 coils
Rear: 265/35, 18x8.5, 45 offset,  Coil-overs:  10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Just a note FYI.  The 84 and 85 chassis doesn't have the recess in the B pillars that's needed for the speakers.  Also required to mount B pillar speakers is a plastic bezel that the speakers mount into, then that assembly attaches to the chassis.  Even with cars designed for B pillar speakers, if the magnet is much larger than stock, they won't fit.  You may want to consider a small surface mount box set on the back window ledge, positioned against each B pillar.  Just a thought. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

redraif

• View Profile
Just a note FYI.  The 84 and 85 chassis doesn't have the recess in the B pillars that's needed for the speakers.  Also required to mount B pillar speakers is a plastic bezel that the speakers mount into, then that assembly attaches to the chassis.  Even with cars designed for B pillar speakers, if the magnet is much larger than stock, they won't fit.  You may want to consider a small surface mount box set on the back window ledge, positioned against each B pillar.  Just a thought.

I'm a wiz with a dremel... I've heard some say you can just cut the area to hold the speaker (metal) and transplant in the bezel...  As long as it does not affect the structure... Then when its time to go back the old 84 b-pillars will cover up the evidence...

However if the b-pillar plastic itself is the same except for the grill cover and the hole I have a spare set of dove b-pillars w/o the speaker holes.  I could cut them up, then I just need the 86-up speaker cover and plastic insert

Drag DR-34s
Rear: 265/35, 18x8.5, 45 offset,  Coil-overs:  10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
With the B pillar trim removed, this is the speaker mount that bolts to the body.   

There is a left and right.  One side of the bezel is thicker than the other so that the speaker sits flush behind the speaker cover.  The speaker then mounts to this, and the B pillar trim then goes back over it.  If you can find an 86 or later car in a yard, it would be worth the trouble to remove them. 

I have an AC/Radio vinyl surround you can have. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

oldone

• View Profile
you have to have the vinyl radio surround with the cut out for the auxillary guage pod. what kind of plastic surround plates do you need, dot matrix, alum,
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

redraif

• View Profile
you have to have the vinyl radio surround with the cut out for the auxillary guage pod. what kind of plastic surround plates do you need, dot matrix, alum,

I don't have the factory aux gauges... So I don't need the one with the cut out.  Mine are aftermarket with an aftermarket pillar pod.  Its why I need the drivers pillar to flush it in.

Drag DR-34s

redraif

• View Profile
have a guy in Wisconsin quote me $185 for all this..

white drivers side and passenger side: front fenders and lower rear quarters (in front of tires)
aero nose black with smooth moldings
rear wheel well splash guards both sides.. (just verified really only need passenger side wheel well splash guard but need both side lower flaps)
mint notchback taillight passenger side
throttle cable (4 cylinder?) going on an 84...

interior
two pairs of arm rests
speaker style b-pillars driver & passenger (color?)
drivers a-pillar (color?)
gauge surround
shifter surround
HVAC/radio surround
overhead console (3 button)

the pinch is the shipping.... He is thinking $100-150....  Is it worth it? $285-335 shipped for all the above?

Drag DR-34s

Donster

• View Profile
I'd say the price excluding shipping cost is actually phenomenally low. Of course I hope none of the trim pieces have the usual ailment, i.e. tabs cracked off or the fasteners for the clips broken.

But of course the shipping costs are a killer.

However, I can make you this offer: Have an 85 GT with the light grey interior (unfortunately no rear speakers in the "B" pillars). If you come take them out carefully, hence they wouldn't have any damage, they are yours for free. All of the trim.

\D
Life is good!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Check with Ashby at adfieros@aol.com.  He can give you a good idea of the value.  He's Don Hulse's partner. 

The front fenders of the Indy and all Aero trim models is different from the regular coupes.  It has provisions for attaching the ground effects.  So does the rear quarter.  Be sure that's what you're getting.  Also, the fenderwell liners of the aero trim are different and I think that's what you're seeing.  If you're speaking of the flexible liners between the wheels and the engine compartment, Rodney Dickman sells them.  They're in the Fiero Exterior section. 

Something that large can usually be shipped on Greyhound or Trailways for much cheaper than UPS or FedEx.  I'd certainly get some high res pictures of each piece before purchasing from that far away.  Also, check with The Don.  I believe he's going to be pulling aero panels from an 85GT.  Wrong color, but closer and a club member gets the proceeds. 

And I see he just posted to that effect.

Donster

• View Profile
Beat ya to it Charlie ;D

Just bartered one set of GT quarter panels with jwrape for another set of tinted tail lights.
The other set is going on the Purple Haze, unless Shanine changes her mind again and doesn't want a GT rebody.

In that case, I'd have a complete GT set, i.e. fenders, door skins, 1/4 panels and a rear fascia, all with ground effects. No nose though.
But as Charlie mentioned, they are the original red. But you had planned on doing a lot of sanding anyways, right? ;D

I'll ask Shanine, if she doesn't want them, we can talk

\D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 01:00:09 am by Donster »
Life is good!

Donster

• View Profile
......... But I don't have a compressor yet and that's alot of hand sanding... so I decided it might be cheaper and less down time for the car, for me to get new junkyard parts and play with (modifiy) them and swap them on.  Then when I get my compressor I can properly strip the indy panels down and paint them the "correct" way and color, so the car can go back "indy" when the time is right........ 

In about two weeks I'll have a portable compressor, spray-guns, airbrush-guns and everything else you need to paint a car.

I also recall you inquiring about a welder. I've also got one of those, but it's not really portable, but you can use it if you come to my loading dock in Norcross. Guess it just depends on how long you need it. You can spend an entire day on my dock to do your welding.

Offers stand

\D
Life is good!

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile

Careful... The Indy has ribbed moldings. The aero noses with smooth moldings only came on the 86-88 GTs.
They can be adapted, but it's not as simple as bolting it on. I think that part of the molded trim has to be removed with a knife.

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth

Careful... The Indy has ribbed moldings. The aero noses with smooth moldings only came on the 86-88 GTs.
They can be adapted, but it's not as simple as bolting it on. I think that part of the molded trim has to be removed with a knife.
That's why he's replacing the nose, so he won't have to trim the Indy parts. The bumpers are the only thing with molded in moldings - the rest of the car they bolt on. (Actually the late aero noses have the bolt-on spear tip of the moldings too).
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

redraif

• View Profile
Yea I want smooth moldings... I plan to do the moldings white in the end like the track version in pics.... figure smooth will flow better painted plus it will keep the original indy pieces black.  I did not say but all the fenders and quarters have the gfx attached so they are the aero version.
I have spoken to the guy again and he is doing a price w/o the bumper and fenders to see how it comes out.  He has a local buyer for the bumper... just hate it... the fenders are already white.... grr.   

Don... I don't mind red.... I have a red hood.... lol.... ill take the pillars from you... im sure they are too big for shipping

Greyhound shipping is out... he lives too far...

Thanks you guys....
Ill tell him to verify the wheel splash guards and forget the pillars....

Drag DR-34s

redraif

• View Profile
I'd say the price excluding shipping cost is actually phenomenally low. Of course I hope none of the trim pieces have the usual ailment, i.e. tabs cracked off or the fasteners for the clips broken.

But of course the shipping costs are a killer.

However, I can make you this offer: Have an 85 GT with the light grey interior (unfortunately no rear speakers in the "B" pillars). If you come take them out carefully, hence they wouldn't have any damage, they are yours for free. All of the trim.

\D

You say all the trim pieces.... just the pillars or the others I mentioned as well?

Drag DR-34s