Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Have you seen a Fiero today?  (Read 116714 times)

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Have you seen a Fiero today?
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2012, 08:56:31 pm »
Today I met Linda for lunch at the Waffle House at the corner of Shackleford and Pleasant Hill. I came in my yellow Fiero. We were ordering our lunch when a black Formula came and parked beside my car. It was Ashby, and  he was covered head to foot in grease, so he must have been busy (working on Fieros?).
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

PetefromTn

• Fiero junkie getting back off the wagon LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 13, 2012, 02:39:50 pm »
Well.....Didn't see a Fiero today, sure as hell was no fiero in my Driveway. Damn I miss that car.....  Gonna be cranking up my Tig welder today to do some stainless tubing work and then I am gonna keep cruisin' craigslist for my NEXT fiero.  Seems like all of the ones I could possibly get are automatics and I want the four speed again.

Topnotch, is that your yellow and black striped fiero you are talking about or do you have another yellow one?  I found the East Tennessee Fiero club website again and they have a new forum. Tried to join and could not get on.  Reading thru the posts it looks like a lotta drama and people getting banned and whatnot so maybe it is for the best.  Sure wish that the East Tennessee forum was as active and friendly as this and pennocks forum. I was not a member there for long but I did enjoy the couple times we got together to have dinner and talk Fiero's.  Maybe I need to start a club or something...haha  My wife just called me and she had to take my son to an interview and she was sitting in my Astro van waiting for him to get finished. She said she looked across the parking lot and saw a white Notchie with a GT wing on it. She called me to tell me about it. I need to make up some Fiero greeting cards and stick them on people's windshields when I see them but I SO seldom see a fiero around here it is kinda pointless. I mean when I was daily driving my GT around the only fiero's I ever saw were a Yellow GT that daily drives the other way and I waved to him as we both went home from work and a red Notchback that sits in front of a guys house not too far from my house.  I almost bought another  red Notchback from him when he had two of them and he said the other one was his sister's car and she would never sell it. It just sits there and rots in the sun all day every day now. The other Red notchie he eventually sold and now has a pickemuptruck...

Oh well I gotta get out here and get some Tig welding done for a customer. Hope all of you are doing well and enjoying your Fiero's....peace

Pete
Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee
A&N Precision Machine on Facebook

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #182 on: February 13, 2012, 03:20:03 pm »
Pete, there are actually a number of Fieros close around you.  fyrehazard is up your way, and I see others on Pennocks from your area.  Maryville, Kingston, etc.  Get on the PFF members list and do a search for Tennessee and see what you come up with.  Make contact with them.  They may know of come available cars.  Contact Darrel Finley.  He has a bunch.  Last I knew of there were about 8.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

PetefromTn

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 13, 2012, 03:38:06 pm »
Charlie,
    Yeah I know about Fyre, but he is way up near bristol which is like 2.5 hours from me.  He contacted me the other day and I spoke to him about buying his Red GT but it is ALSO an auto car. Fieroandrew is here in maryville and I talk to him from time to time.   Derek and his father are up near Bristol too from what I remember and I seldom talk to them.  Don't know Daryl I guess he is Rob's brother from the name.  There are lots of fiero's around on craigslist but most are either asking a bunch of money and overpriced or they are a piece of junk. I am making it more difficult by wanting a specific set of options I am sure but they are not rare by any stretch.  It is too bad Oldone's white 88GT t top car is an auto or I would have already bought it. I do not wish to convert anything either. If it is a GT it will stay a GT and if it is a notch it will stay a notch, same with the tranny..  I will have enough work to do on the car without having to reinvent the wheel.  I will get one here soon tho so I hope to be able to cruise with you guys and see you at the monthly get togethers.  It seemed like even when I did have the car here and it was running good all of the events centered around driving down to Athens to Rob's shop which is nice but it gets old.  I watch Pennocks and there are clubs around that have cool rides and get togethers and I wish there was something like that around here. I organized a little ride back in the spring last year and a couple guys came and we had a blast I really want to do more stuff like that.  Not bagging on the club here but I think it needs a shot in the arm or something. 

There are so many great roads around here and some cool attractions to see with your car and even car shows every week during the nicer weather months it seems like I would see a lot more activity.  Oh well maybe I am just dreaming here again... haha peace

Pete

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 13, 2012, 04:16:29 pm »
   Topnotch, is that your yellow and black striped fiero you are talking about or do you have another yellow one?
Yeah, the yellow and black one is mine.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

PetefromTn

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 13, 2012, 09:17:30 pm »
Oldone,
    Well I am AT Maryville, Tennessee just about 20 minutes south of Knoxville. Why?  haha peace

Pete
Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

Duchess

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 20, 2012, 02:21:56 pm »
could have been Lee Arnette. He put a 4900 in his car @loud

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 20, 2012, 02:57:33 pm »
3800, but yes, that's Lee's car.
He never gets on the forum

\D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:59:11 pm by Donster »
Life is good!

88_4mula

« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2012, 05:12:24 pm »
Just passed one north bound I85
Primered gray, with "Ignore Me" painted on the side

I think the tag read " SHNIT"

I was laffing to hard to notice what year, model, style

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2012, 06:05:15 pm »
That's Dewey's old 85 GT that he sold to Spartanzz' friend.
From what I hear, he's been tearing the car up and abusing it.

\D
Life is good!

Duchess

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2012, 06:52:10 pm »
Saw a white Fiero today around 6:20pm going S on Braselton Hwy. I think it said something about Pace Car on it, but I am not sure.

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2012, 07:35:23 pm »
An INDY in our neighborhood???

Charlie, any idea who that might be?

\D
Life is good!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2012, 10:31:40 pm »
There's a young guy named Danial that lives around Dee Kennedy and Braselton Hwy that has a white 86 2m4 and also IndyRestorationGuy of this forum (Eric Weidinger) has a fully restored Indy.  He had been keeping the car at his parents' home on Thompson Mill Road, not far from the Spout Springs/Friendship Road/Thompson Mill Road area.  You can see that Indy on our home page under World of Wheels 2007. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

aerodonamic

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2012, 03:37:31 am »
I saw an 88 coupe for sale on Roosevelt Hwy. in Fairburn at a thrift type store.6387 to be exact.7708961112.It was  white / sunroof 4cyl. auto. tilt@A/c  preaty much clean bare bones  coupe .Does have  almost new engine @paint good tires int. a little rough tho. 2000 but very negoitable per owner!!!

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #194 on: April 05, 2012, 09:58:01 pm »
I saw a red Formula going southbound on 985 today around 3 o'clock. spout springs exit