Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Did I mention that ....  (Read 18177 times)

Duchess

• View Profile
Did I mention that ....
« on: September 07, 2011, 10:39:30 pm »
I have a self propelled lawn mower but the self propelled part doesn't work anymore? Too bad you guys are only able to fix Fieros but no lawnmowers. So instead of mowing my lawn I could wash my car, darn ...it was raining. Hmmm, on the other hand my dog really needs some grooming, BUT Don is taking the "big" car and she just doesn't fit in my 'lil Dukie. Darned.
And finally something (I hope) it makes you grin:

A woman & a baby are in a Dr's office, where the doctor is concerned about the baby's weight."Is he bottle or breastfed?" asks the doctor. The woman replies, "breast". With that, the doctor orders her to strip to her waist so he can examine her breasts. After pinching her nipples and pulling and rubbing both of her breasts for some time the doctor says, "No wonder the baby is under weight - you have no milk!"The woman replies, "I know, I'm his Grandma - but I'm sure glad I'm the one that came!  ;D

Crash 86GT

• Me and my Friends
    • View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
Re: Did I mention that ....
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 07:20:54 am »
Bring it up to me, if I can fix a Fiero, then a self propelled push mower should be a piece of cake.
President of East Tennessee Fiero Club

Duchess

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 10:40:38 am »
.... it sucks when something gets deleted without notice.

Obviously we can talk for hours about lawnmowers but no jokes.

jwrape

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 10:52:35 am »
I trade lawn mowers for my Fiero's
http://gafieroclub.org/bbs/index.php?topic=768.0
86GT Automaic 2.8L, 05, G35, 96 MZ3

Duchess

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 10:59:27 am »
lol ...thats definitely not what I meant  :D @ jwrape

jwrape

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 11:02:24 am »
lol ...thats definitely not what I meant  :D @ jwrape

But it's ironic. LOL
86GT Automaic 2.8L, 05, G35, 96 MZ3

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 08:04:02 pm »
.... it sucks when something gets deleted without notice.

Obviously we can talk for hours about lawnmowers but no jokes.

Yes, I agree, obviously incoherent postings are acceptable, but having a bit of fun is inappropriate.
I saw nothing dirty in the thread, albeit pushing the envelope at times. ;D

\D
Life is good!

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 08:48:22 am »
Don,
There is no problem telling jokes, just keep in mind there may be a 12 year old helping his dad/mom with repairing his Fiero.
Dad/mom may be a member of the form and the son/daughter may be looking up info for them.
Would you like to be the parent having to explain these jokes to your son/daughter ?
Also some of the Members may be offended for religious reasons.
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

Duchess

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 04:54:04 pm »
Linda,
you must be kidding me? 12 year olds helping mom/dad repairing a Fiero? And even IF, most 12, 13,14 year old know propably more dirty jokes than the whole Fiero club together. "Our" jokes had nothing to do with religion, no racism and all the other crappy excuses you've came up with.

And look here ... the biggest Fiero site has jokes in it and I would bet money on it that they have WAY more forum members worldwide than we have!

« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:32:16 pm by TopNotch »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 06:48:52 pm »
My grand daughter happens to be 12 years old.  She's interested in Fieros and she does look at this forum.  She may know the words and lots of jokes and understand what's going on, but she apparently keeps it to herself.  I have in-laws that use the "F" word in almost every sentence.  It's normal to them and they think it's perfectly acceptable to use it anywhere.  Because they see nothing wrong with the word, it's like they think everyone is comfortable with it. 

Additionally, a Minister friend of mine who owns an 86 GT has occasionally looked at our website to find some technical information I told him about, and to find Fiero vendors and to see what events are going on.  My own minister and the head deacon of my church also look at this website on occasion.  And referring to Pennocks:  Kathryn, a 12 year old young lady has her own thread going on her restoration of her 86SE.  There is also a thread on Pennocks with some pretty hard core photos, but I don't think we'd want to do it on our forum just because Pennocks allows it.  Maybe the new officers and directors next year will feel differently and everyone can post away. 

So, yes, young children and others do visit this website.  It probably would be best that the joke not be posted if it couldn't be told in a public setting among strangers.  I have no objection to them told in private among adults, but some things are just not appropriate for a public forum.  I think it presents a bad image fto anyone who might be considering becoming a part of our club, especially since we do welcome old flatulances like me and young pip squeaks like my grand daughter.  There were adult members of the club that expressed concern for some of the jokes that have been posted. 

It probably would be best to share them by email.  I receive all kinds of jokes from a large number of friends and relatives who apparently are on some kind of joke network.  Some are really funny to me and some aren't to my taste.  The ones who always send the type jokes I don't like, I simply delete without even opening. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 07:30:24 pm »
Maybe the new officers and directors next year will feel differently and everyone can post away. 

Except that they would probably have to get a new webmaster. And I'm not only webmaster, but for the past few years, I have been paying for the server and domain out of my own pocket, so someone would have to do that, too.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

nightmare311

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 09:21:26 pm »
Maybe the new officers and directors next year will feel differently and everyone can post away. 

Except that they would probably have to get a new webmaster. And I'm not only webmaster, but for the past few years, I have been paying for the server and domain out of my own pocket, so someone would have to do that, too.

shouldn't that come out off member dues? thats what I did in my old car club.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 10:03:28 pm »
We have paid past webmasters who wanted to be paid.  Some didn't ask to be paid.  That was Pat's choice.  You're right that it should be a club expense and server and domain costs should be paid from the club treasury.  Most of us choose to do things at no cost to the club.  As far as being webmaster, if it's a club member, the charter says they can't be paid for services they perform for the club.  Only for expenses incurred. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Duchess

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 11:55:48 pm »
My grand daughter happens to be 12 years old.  She's interested in Fieros and she does look at this forum.  She may know the words and lots of jokes and understand what's going on, but she apparently keeps it to herself.  I have in-laws that use the "F" word in almost every sentence.  It's normal to them and they think it's perfectly acceptable to use it anywhere.  Because they see nothing wrong with the word, it's like they think everyone is comfortable with it. 

Additionally, a Minister friend of mine who owns an 86 GT has occasionally looked at our website to find some technical information I told him about, and to find Fiero vendors and to see what events are going on.  My own minister and the head deacon of my church also look at this website on occasion.  And referring to Pennocks:  Kathryn, a 12 year old young lady has her own thread going on her restoration of her 86SE.  There is also a thread on Pennocks with some pretty hard core photos, but I don't think we'd want to do it on our forum just because Pennocks allows it.  Maybe the new officers and directors next year will feel differently and everyone can post away. 

So, yes, young children and others do visit this website.  It probably would be best that the joke not be posted if it couldn't be told in a public setting among strangers.  I have no objection to them told in private among adults, but some things are just not appropriate for a public forum.  I think it presents a bad image fto anyone who might be considering becoming a part of our club, especially since we do welcome old flatulances like me and young pip squeaks like my grand daughter.  There were adult members of the club that expressed concern for some of the jokes that have been posted. 

It probably would be best to share them by email.  I receive all kinds of jokes from a large number of friends and relatives who apparently are on some kind of joke network.  Some are really funny to me and some aren't to my taste.  The ones who always send the type jokes I don't like, I simply delete without even opening. 

Sorry, but I really didn't think it was such a big deal and I am still convinced that my joke was not a nasty joke (no "f-words" and such).
I did NOT intend to post any nasty jokes in the first place, and I would not tolerate profanity on our forum either.

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 09:38:18 pm »
 :-X

I just got back from NC after helping clean up more of Hurricane Irene's influence and I can tell you, there is an entirely different colorful language that describes that kind of devastation. None of which will ever be repeated here.

However...

Two Fiero owners walk into a bar...

'ouch!'
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.