Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 2011 POLAR BEAR RUN.....  (Read 20032 times)

Duchess

• View Profile
Re: 2011 POLAR BEAR RUN.....
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 02:08:42 pm »
jwrape: we meet at 9am .... the drive is only 50 miles ....means ... you could be back right after lunch ;)

I wanted to drive sooo bad but my car is still not done ;(. I have to be a passenger at Shanine's and I'm not a good passenger, I am a LOUSY passenger. Maybe I can talk her into letting me drive ::)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 05:35:36 pm »
The drive isn't only 50 miles.  I'd bet it will be at least 100.  The distance from the Mall of Georgia is about 50 miles on the most direct route, but this will be a meandering trip through the side roads of North Georgia. 

My estimation is that we leave by 10 and will probably arrive in Helen around 1 ish.  If we return right after lunch and take the short route home, we should get back to the Mall of Georgia around 4. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:30 pm »
Here's a map to the Olive Garden.  It's next door to the McDonald's as a visual landmark.  Recommended to fill up on the other side of I-85 at Rock Springs Road.  There is a RaceTrac station. 

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Mall%20of%20Georgia%20%20Olive%20Garden%203220%20Buford%20Dr%20Buford%2C%20GA%2030519

Raydar, you going to be able to make this one?  I think there might be about a dozen Fieros.  Maybe we can outnumber the Triumph's? 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 04:26:57 pm »
As fate would have it, Shanine's belt tore on the way over to Olive Gardens this AM and her Duke instantly started running hot.

While stranded behind the Mall Of Georgia, Charlie was as usual his awesome self and and hand-delivered a belt for Shanine, and a nice gentleman had pulled over, the entire time trying to get some pantyhose to work as a makeshift belt.
We finally just popped on the belt Charlie brought and took the PurpleHaze back home.

Roger also called in, looking for us and offered help, but we didn't want to spoil the day for others. Thanks anyways Roger.

And Charlie, thanks for being a saviour, again! ;D

We're sorry we missed the run but hope all that participated had a good time.

Happy New Year everyone!

\D
Life is good!

85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 05:45:59 pm »
The Polar Bear run was great..  Only 5 fiero;s showed up...... :-[ :-[

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 08:11:15 pm »
If you got the 'nice gentleman's' address maybe the club can send him a new pair of panty hose. ;D

It just felt wrong; standing on the side of the street, paying a complete stranger for his daughter's underwear, but I did! ;D

\D
Life is good!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 09:21:16 pm »
We had gotten everything set up and worked out the logistics with Mel's oxygen.  We had changed her Iv location and for about a week afterward it's very painful.  She was in a lot of pain but was going to try to go until she got sick on top of the pain.  She's been sleeping all day and is still sleeping.  Glad all who went enjoyed the drive.  It was really a beautiful day for it.See you all next year.  Happy New Year.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 11:06:59 pm »
Here are some videos from the run.
In the first, I'm driving across Buford Dam.

In the next one, I'm chasing a vintage Porche on Richard Russel Highway. Eventually, he pulls over to let me by. Did I scare him, or was he unsure of the route, and wanted to follow?
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 03:21:22 pm »
Another video: Avoiding road kill.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.